There are two fixed video conferencing connections; Council Chambers and Elderly Centre. We also have two portable systems connected in the Gawler Sport & Community Centre and the Town Hall meeting room for use all through the Town Hall/Library/Institute buildings.
Installing the Video Conferencing system at the Town of Gawler will enable our staff to;
- Hold video conferences with out of town/state & international consultants without the travel & cost issues.
- Assist with cutting down costs associated with a multi-site council service so employees can meet without the travel time/costs/interruption to work.
- Provide a more streamlined way for Council staff to deal with customer service matters and find prompt solutions using the new Council services web portal
- Record whole of staff meetings for in-house staff viewing on Council's intranet.
- Streamline Council planning applications, which customers can check on day/night without the need for staff to assist.
- Enhance digital collaboration with other councils.
- Improve efficiency for Home Assist & Community Care (HACC) home assessments.
- Collaborate on Video Conferencing networks being established with neighbouring councils.
- Improve our Council unified communication network.